These cables (2 meter is the next size) do not appear to be available in the USA which means shipping for purchased replacements will be two weeks or more. At this time my assembly has come to a sudden halt. I have already asked for the correct part to be sent but am getting no respone. Is there another viable alternative ?
I used double sided Gorilla Tape and it worked great.
The coating applied also partially filled in the 4mm threads making the addition of the 4mm x 8mm bolts difficult. I used a 4mm tap to clear the coating.
Tip: fold the brass wire back over the insulation and lay the wire wire connector against it when you start to shove it into the sleeve. I also taped over the tip to keep it snug as I shove it through.
I marked each magnet, top or bottom, as I removed it from the stack. These magnets are the strongest I've ever used, they restack if you get them within 6” of each other. To unstack them lay the bottom magnet against an anchored piece of wood, 3mm thick, and push the upper stack off onto this piece of wood.
I'm not sure what the material for the black guides is but the friction seems high. This even with the guides backed off.
This white cable is very short, almost too short to work. An added 10mm in length couldn’t cost much more.
The grinder worked well. Do the connector that has the tab on the side where the wires end so there is less chance on damaging a wire.
Using a craft knife to remove the tab is next to impossible because the plastic is so hard. I’m attempting to do it with a dremol grinder.
Once they have, you'll be able to view a graph of their reputation gained over time.
Here's a preview of what the graph will look like:
No reputation gained yet.